If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I recently received the Death & Co Book as a present from my fabulous girlfriend. THAT BOOK IS EVERYTHING. The Cocktail recipes are outrageous but what has really stuck with me are the infusions, syrups and batched ingredients. It reminded me that back in the spring/summer, I was infusing anything I could think to put together. Well, I’m back in the kitchen gettin’ busy with Holiday Infusions and Syrups.
Here we go!
This one is from the Death & Co book but I adjusted the ratios a bit. I found their version to be underwhelming and I wanted MORE CACAO!
Cacao Nib Infused Campari
- 500 ml Campari
- 4 heaping tablespoons Cacao Nibs (like how I went from Metric to Imperial units?)
- In jar combine Campari and Cacao Nibs
- Let sit for 4 hours, gently rolling or stirring if you have a wide-mouthed jar (you don’t really want air bubbles to happen, just to agitate the liquid)
- Double strain into container
I’m gonna use this one in ALL the Xmas Cocktails! Oh and eat the cranberries after you’re done infusing! They’re sooooooo delicious!
Cranberry Infused Dolin Rouge
- 250 ml Dolin Rouge or other Sweet Vermouth. (But try to get Dolin Rouge, it’s so perfect with Cranberries.)
- 250 ml dried Cranberries (by Volume). I don’t have a scale. Do you have a scale? Lucky you.
- In Jar combine dried Cranberries and Dolin Rouge
- Let sit for 48 hours gently rolling or stirring if you’ve got a wide-mouthed jar
- Double strain into container
- Eat the Cranberries or give them to a friend
Yep, it’s back. This is my favourite thing ever and I use it in a lot of summer cocktails. For winter, I’m gonna use it in Punch!
Pineapple infused Plymouth Gin
- 500 ml Plymouth Gin
- Two handfuls of Pineapple Chunks
- In jar, combine Gin and Pineapple Chunks
- Let sit for 24 hours occasionally shaking. Yep, get up at 4 am, shake it and go back to bed.
- Taste. If you would like it to be more Pineapple-y, discard used Pineapple and add more fresh Pineapple. Let sit for another 24 hours. Rinse, repeat.
- When it is to your liking, double strain into container.
This one I got straight from the Death & Co Book. It’s sensational. Hot damn! Back to Imperial measurements.
Cinnamon Bark Syrup
- 1 oz or approx 0.06 lb Cinnamon Bark
- 2 Cups of Water
- 2 Cups of Sugar (Demerara used here)
- In sauce pan, muddle Cinnamon Bark until it is in shards
- Add Sugar and Water and slowly bring to a boil
- Reduce and simmer for 4 minutes
- Let sit overnight
- Double strain into container. Smell it. It’s so damn amazing.
Good luck to you and happy infusing/syruping! Holiday Cheers!
8 thoughts on “Holiday Infusions”
Pingback: Holiday Bottled Cocktail: I Just Called To Say I Love You | Home Bar Girl
Pingback: Punch for Two: Fernandez Punch | Home Bar Girl
Pingback: Album of the Year Cocktail | Home Bar Girl
Pingback: Nog-A-Thon + Montenego Nog | Home Bar Girl
Pingback: Classic Cocktails: Army & Navy + Variations | Home Bar Girl
Pingback: Twirlin’ A Lady + Cilantro & Serrano infused Tequila | Home Bar Girl
Pingback: A Sherried Martini | Home Bar Girl
Pingback: Album of the Year 2015 | Home Bar Girl