Last weekend at the Brooklyn Winter Flea, I went to the Cocktail Crate booth to say hello to Alex Abbott Boyd and thank him for the very tasty Spiced Old Fashioned Mixer. In return, he gave me this bottle of Ginger Bee. Isn’t he kind? SUPREMELY KIND!
I love Ginger Bee! It tastes very much like my Honey Ginger Juice but also has a touch of Clove. Yummmm, perfect for the Holidaze. As you can see from the above photo, I’ve already used more than half of the bottle cause it’s just so versatile!
And now, the cocktails:
Since it’s Hot Toddy weather, we’ll start with a Ginger Bee Toddy.
Ginger Bee Toddy
- 1 1/2 oz Flor de Caña 7 Aged Rum, Bourbon, Rye or Añjeo Tequila (but Aged Rum is SOOO good)
- 1 1/2 oz Cocktail Crate Ginger Bee
- 1/4 oz Lemon Juice
- 1/8 oz or 1 Barspoon Cinnamon Bark Syrup
- 3-4 oz Hot Water (depends on yer mug size)
- Clove studded Lemon Wheel
In mug, combine ingredients, top with Hot Water and stir. Garnish with Clove studded Lemon Wheel. Sexy Lemon Wheel.
This is another variation on my variation of the Police & Thieves from Gin Palace. RIP Gin Palace, I hope you didn’t sink too far into the ground. 😦
Bobbies & Blockheads
- 2 oz Pineapple Plymouth Gin
- 1/2 oz Cocktail Crate Ginger Bee
- 1/2 oz Cinnamon Bark Syrup
- 1/2 oz Lime Juice
- 1/2 oz Grapefruit Juice
- 2 dashes of Regans’ No 6 Orange Bitters
- Pernod Pastis Rinse or Absinthe
- Grapefruit Peel
Rinse Coupe with Pernod and chill. In tin, combine remaining ingredients over ice and shake. Express Grapefruit peel and garnish.
This is a very tasty Gold Rush variation. Perfect for winter!
- 2 oz Elijah Craig 12 Year Bourbon
- 1 oz Cocktail Crate Ginger Bee
- 3/4 oz Lemon Juice
- Star Anise
In tin, combine Bourbon, Ginger Bee, Lemon Juice and shake over ice. Strain into double rocks glass with ice. Star Anise garnish.
I mentioned this Punch recipe in my Punch for Two: Brugal Rum post. It’s too good not to mention here in this Ginger Bee review! Perfect way to showcase such a tasty mixer in a Punch format.
St Marks Punch
- 1 1/2 oz Brugal Extra Dry Rum
- 1 1/2 oz Flor de Caña 7 Aged Rum
- 1/4 oz Santa Maria al Monte Amaro
- 1 1/2 oz Cocktail Crate Ginger Bee (may need to add more Honey Syrup to taste)
- 3/4 oz Fresh Mandarin Orange Juice
- 1/2 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 dash Hella Bitter Citrus bitters
- 1 dash Scrappy’s Cardamom bitters
- Club Soda
- Lemon slice
In tin, combine ingredients over ice and shake. Strain into Punch cups, top with Soda, Lemon slice garnish.
Well, that’s it for now! Thanks again to Alex and be sure to get this mixer into your Home Bar. Totally worth it! This has been You’re So Kind, the post where someone nice gives me a bottle and I review it!