Due to an overwhelming number of requests for the Cinnamon Bark Syrup, I’ve decided to give it a solo post for easier searching. Happy syrup making y’all!
Cinnamon Bark Syrup
- 1 oz or approx 0.06 lb Cinnamon Bark (7 or so sticks should do it)
- 2 Cups of Water
- 2 Cups of Sugar (Demerara used here)
- Muddle Cinnamon Bark until it is in shards. Throw it in a sauce pot.
- Add Sugar & Water, and slowly bring to just barely boiling on loooow heat.
- Reduce and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Let sit overnight.
- Double strain into container. Smell it. Think of the possibilities!
*Edit: Please note that this is a living document. if something has changed slightly since the last time you visited this recipe, it’s cause I’ve been tinkering and found a better method!