Yesterday I was in an Egg Nog contest at our neighborhood bar, Bearded Lady. I love that bar. They have a really amazing cocktail program, great oysters and it totally has that chilled out neighbrhood bar vibe. Bonus, the bartenders are extremely nice dudes.
This was the second year that Bearded Lady has held the Nog-A-Thon and the entries were really really tasty!
Look at these garnishes and varying types of nog! Mine was the one in the top right, fluffy and with nutmeg on top.
I wanted to share the recipe for my Nog with y’all! This recipe amount was for the contest and serves around 20 people. Also, metric system is better.
The Nog Base:
- 375 ml Whole Milk
- 375 ml Heavy Cream
- 75 ml Cinnamon Bark Syrup
- 50 ml Vanilla Bean Syrup
- 6 Eggs
- 120 ml Flor de Caña 7 Year Rum
- 90 ml Calvados
- 60 ml Santa Maria Amaro
- 30 ml St Elizabeth allspice dram
- 18 dashes Angostura Bitters
- Freshly grated Nutmeg
- Combine Nog Base ingredients in blender and blend until a nice foam has appeared on top of the liquid.
- Pour Nog base into container and add Alcohol.
- Stir until liquids are combined.
- Pour Montenego Nog into cups or coupes.
- Garnish with freshly grated Nutmeg.
Hope you enjoy and have a glorious holiday!
One thought on “Nog-A-Thon + Montenego Nog”
Pingback: A Sherried Martini | Home Bar Girl