Friday! IMPENDING SNOW STORM FOR NYC! Bring it onnnnnnn y’all! Since all 8.5 million of us will be stuck in doors, we might as well Tiki The Snow Away!
If you want to share a tropical drink during the month of January, use the hashtag #TikiTheSnowAway on Instagram and Twitter, or tag u/homebargirl on reddit.
Get yer striped sails, Pineapples, and Maraschino Cherries ready y’all! We’re stealing a boat and heading south for the winter!
Here are the cast of characters for this complex and sultry Tiki drink:
- Morris Kitchen Grenadine: has a fair amount of vanilla and orange flower water in the syrup. Thick and viscious. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.
- Jägermeister: I’m constantly inspired by the ultimate spice machine that is Jäger. Seriously y’all, it goes so damn well in cocktails, especially with aged Rum.
- Denizen Aged White Rum: forever! (forever young / I wanna be / forever young)
- Lustau Amontillado Sherry: the nuttiness goes so well with Jäger and this particular Grenadine.
- Lime: I needed citrus and I like how Lime interacts with Jäger and Grenadine.
- 2 oz Denizen Aged White Rum
- 1/2 oz Jägermeister
- 1/2 oz Lustau Amontillado Sherry
- 1/2 oz Morris Kitchen Grenadine*
- 1 oz Lime Juice
- Garnish: Paper Sail cocktail pick, Pineapple chunk, Luxardo Maraschino Cherry
Combine ingredients over ice and short shake. Strain into double Rocks glass or short Tiki mug over crushed ice and garnish.
*Depending on the sweetness of your Grenadine, you may need to cut back to 1/4 oz.
Wintry and complex right? It’s amazing to me how different Amari (and yes, I think of Jäger as a German Amaro) can evoke such different moods or seasons.
May all your Tiki The Snow Away flavor combinations and discoveries be eye-opening and your festivities be filled with cheer!