Happy Monday to y’all! I feel like I’m about to give birth to a cocktail baby cause I’ve been working on this set of drinks for so long! Pumped for two reasons today:
- We’re over 1/2 way through Tiki The Snow Away and guess what y’all? We just had our first snow in Brooklyn. PHEWWWWWW, I was getting nervous that there would be no snow to Tiki Away!
- Surf Girl. I’ve been working on this set of cocktails for a long time now and am finally ready to share them with y’all. Grab your boards, the above ingredients and a Surf Girl Tiki mug!
If you want to share a tropical drink during the month of January, use the hashtag #TikiTheSnowAway on Instagram and Twitter, or tag u/homebargirl on reddit.
As you can probably tell, Surf Girl the drink is inspired entirely by Surf Girl the Tiki mug. I found these two vintage beauties awhile ago and knew I had to make a concept drink with them.
Look how serene and majestic these Surf Girls look riding those unending waves. Look at their fish friends!
To me there were a couple of goals for this concept drink:
- Make a drink worthy of and consistent with the mug: this meant that the drink had to be blue and foamy so the top of the drink would look like a cresting wave.
- Make it tropical and delicious: It’s no secret that Denizen Aged White Rum is my favorite white Rum. I have used it consistently for a while now and truly love all of the banana, tropical fruits, and hints of funk that it offers. With Denizen White in place, I wanted to build a set of ingredients that compliment the base spirit.
- Therefore, my base trio for all Surf Girl drinks is Denizen Aged White Rum, Senior Blue Curaçao (only the good stuff!), and Coco Lopez.
If you note the texture of the drink, it’s blended and this is crucial to achieving the overall effect of a Surf Girl on the wavvves. I’m also keeping all of the garnishes the same for each Surf Girl variation to achieve a cohesive line of Tiki drinks.
Here are your cast of characters: to the Surf Girl trio we add Smith & Cross Navy Strength Jamaica Rum, Pineapple Juice, and Lime Juice.
I mean damn, right? Doesn’t this mug deserve a line of concept drinks?
- 1 1/2 oz Denizen White Rum
- 1/2 oz Blue Curaçao
- 1/2 oz Smith & Cross Navy Strength Jamaican Rum
- 3/4 oz Pineapple Juice*
- 1/2 oz Lime Juice
- 1/2 oz Coconut Cream
- ~8 oz Crushed Ice*
- Garnish: Tiki umbrella, Maraschino Cherry, Pineapple chunk
Combine ingredients and blend for around 7 seconds. Pour in a 10 oz Surf Girl Tiki Mug and garnish.
*I think I have stated this before (or it’s generally understood in the Tiki world) but it’s critical that you use unsweetened, nothing added, just straight-up Pineapple juice. I like Lakewood Pineapple cause it’s literally juiced Pineapple.
**Amount is approximate cause I don’t have crushed ice. I crack all my ice from cubes and the shards might be a bit larger than yours if you’re using a crushed ice machine.
Maybe it’s the Cali beach girl within but I am FEEEEEELING this.
Cheers to you and all your party people during Tiki The Snow Away!
3 thoughts on “Surf Girl”
Pingback: Cali Surf Girl | Home Bar Girl
Pingback: Welcome to Tiki The Snow Away 2017! | Home Bar Girl
Pingback: Welcome to Tiki The Snow Away 2018! | Home Bar Girl