Y’all, my throat has been killing me lately and so has the rest of my body. I thought, “hmmm, Ginger juice? Ginger + Honey juice?” YEP. This Honey Ginger Juice goes well in both Dani’s-Patented-Get-Over-Being-Sick-Tea* and is super tasty in loads of Cocktails. Really, I know, we’re all here for The Cocktails**. Now, I don’t have a juicer, just a Blender, Food Processor and two Strainers so this recipe is going to be for those of you who have a Blender or Food Processor.
Also, we’re going to do this in milliliters because the metric system is better. 🙂
What you need:
- 500 ml Water
- 250 ml Honey
- 1 medium-large sized ginger root (like the size of your hand, see photo below)
What to do:
- Peel Ginger and add it to 250 ml warm water. Blend in Blender or pulse in food Processor until you have very fine particles of ginger.
- Pour contents through two Strainers into a pot, add 250ml honey and remaining 250 ml water.
- Heat on low low low heat until honey is dissolved. Do not let water get anywhere near boiling. Just warm enough to dissolve honey.
- Double strain again into storage container.
- This is pretty strong, so add water to taste but keep in mind, you’re going to want to use the Honey Ginger Juice in small doses for cocktails.
*Dani’s-Patented-Get-Over-Being-Sick-Tea: To one mug add a Ricola cough drop, 30 ml/1 oz Honey Ginger Juice, 15ml/ 0.5 oz Lemon Juice and stir until cough drop is dissolved.
**The Cocktails: The Honey Ginger Juice goes excellently in a Gold Rush, Gin Sour, Whiskey Smash, Gin Fizz, Dark & Stormy, as a substitute for Domain de Canton or really any drink which calls for Ginger.