I was totally ready to share a stirred drink with y’all, when suddenly it snowed again here in Brooklyn! This change of weather has me feeling pressed to post another Tiki The Snow Away drink (and this one uses Templeton Rye ). MAY THE GODS FAVOR US WITH BETTER WEATHER!
Warmer climates! Warmer climates! Oh how I wish I was in a warmer climate!
Seriously though, doesn’t the sight of this drink make you wanna get on a plane to Central America/Hawaii/The Caribbean/Southern California? Me too.
Here are your cast of characters:
- If y’all can’t tell, I’m on a bit of a Templeton Rye kick: “The Good Stuff” is so smooth and plays so well with others. It works extra well with Rum!
- Speaking of Rum: Smith & Cross + Templeton Rye is a great split base. Highly recommend.
- Orgeat, Piña, Lemon: These three make for a really killer Tiki “punch base”
- Bittermens Elemakule Tiki Bitters: Tiki in a bottle. Seriously, the spices are perfect.
The name of this one is a play on the fact that Al Capone was obsessed with Templeton Rye during his bootlegging days. I imagine that Capone took a vacation to the Caribbean, and though surrounded by Rum, still couldn’t get Templeton out of his head.
- 1 3/4 oz Templeton Rye
- 3/4 oz Smith & Cross Navy Strength Jamaica Rum
- 3/4 oz Pineapple Juice
- 3/4 oz Lemon Juice
- 3/4 oz Orgeat*
- 10 drops Bittermen’s Elemakule Tiki Bitters
- Garnish: Pineapple Spear Bunny Ears, pineapple chunk, Luxardo Maraschino Cherry
Combine ingredients over ice and short shake. Strain into tall Tiki Mug over crushed ice and garnish.
*Every Orgeat is different, adjust according to the sweetness of your Orgeat.
Cheers to y’all in this strange February weather!