Woo! Did y’all know that there is a National Daiquiri Day? Yessssssss there is and it’s today! Like we even needed an excuse to celebrate this most magnificent of Cocktails. Daiquiris have actually been my fave drink this summer and are always my go to for testing out Rums.
Well, today we’ll be making a few recipes with an excellent Rum for Daiquiris, Brugal Extra Dry.
Brugal Extra Dry, you’re simply irresistible! So well dressed too.
My fave way to make a classic Daiquiri is in a 2:1:3/4 format cause I like things to be TART!
Brugal Extra Dry Daiquiri
- 2 oz Brugal Extra Dry
- 1 oz Lime Juice
- 3/4 oz Simple Syrup
- Garnish: Lime wheel
Combine ingredients over ice and shake like a rocket. Double strain into coupe and garnish.
Next we’ll make a Pineapple Cinnamon Daiquiri cause why not? Right? Pineapple and Cinnamon go extremely well together in tart Rum filled cocktails. Add a lil Tiki umbrella and we’ve got a real crowd pleaser!
Brugal Extra Dry Pineapple Cinnamon Daiquiri
- 2 oz Brugal Extra Dry Rum
- 1/2 oz Lime Juice
- 1/2 oz Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 Cinnamon Bark Syrup*
- Garnish: Pineapple + Tiki Umbrella
Combine ingredients over ice and shake it baby, shake it. Double strain into coupe. Garnish with Pineapple and a Tiki Umbrella.
*Cinnamon Bark Syrup
- 1 oz or approx 0.06 lb Cinnamon Bark
- 2 Cups of Water
- 2 Cups of Sugar (Demerara used here)
- In sauce pan, muddle Cinnamon Bark until it is in shards.
- Add Sugar and Water and slowly bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Turn heat off and set sit for around 8 hours covered.
- Double strain into container. Smell it. Try not to drool.
- Keep in fridge.
Lastly, we’re going into deep freeze mode for this Banana Ginger Daiquiri. Look at its creamy goodness, behold those cherries! Get excited!
Quick note on this one: If you find that 1 1/2 oz Lime is too much, feel free to reduce it to 1 or 1 1/4. Remember, I like my Daiquiris tart!
Frozen Banana Ginger Daiquiri
- 2 1/2 oz Brugal Extra Dry Rum
- 1 1/2 oz Lime
- 1 1/4 oz Ginger Syrup*
- Around 1/2 a frozen Banana
- 5-6 oz Ice
- Garnish: Maraschino Cherries
Combine ingredients in blender and blend for just about 7 seconds, or until frothy but not too whipped. Pour into double rocks glass and garnish.
- Approx 1 Cup of chopped ginger
- 1 cup Turbinado Sugar
- 1 cup of water
- Combine ingredients in saucepan and heat on lowwwwww until liquids begin to simmer.
- Try not to let boil, but simmer for around 30 mins.
- Turn off heat, let cool a bit and taste. If it’s gingery enough, let it sit in the pan for 8 hours covered.
- If not, turn the head back on lowwwww and simmer for another 20 mins, then repeat step 3.
- Fine strain syrup into container making sure to press the Ginger and extract as much goodness as possible.
- Keep in fridge.
Well, that was tasty.