Woo! Y’all, it’s me, my new fave Hawaiian Shirt and The Other White Negroni at Smock Podcasting for the show Strong Takes! That’s right, I’m on a podcast! (Episode 10 – Dani DeLuna) A very nice dude named Corey Smock interviewed me and asked me all sorts of questions about being a Home Bar Girl. I brought a drink for us to share called The Other White Negroni and we chatted about various topics.
- Growing up in the land of Wine Snobbery, aka Marin County, CA
- Being a Music Tech Major and a DJ
- The Barnotes App
- My Cocktail mentor Angel Negrín
- Cocktail Books (the Jerry Thomas reference in the podcast was for his Bar-Tender’s Guide, 1887)
- Glassware (btw, I now have Wine Glasses!)
- First Waltz before it had a name
- My fave Bars in NYC (hahaha, I would love a response to my top five)
It was loads of fun and Corey is the nicest man in the world, so head over to iTunes and check it out!
Recording gear and The Other White Negroni
If Corey liked it, I’m sure y’all are going to love The Other White Negroni. (Corey used to be a bartender and he knows what’s up.) The inspiration for this drink is my total obsession with White Negronis aka, Negroni Bianco. I actually have an entire post dedicated to several White Negroni Variations and since then I’ve probably created five or six more. For this particular cocktail, I used Fennel infused Dolin Blanc cause it’s divine.
Fennel infused Dolin Blanc
- 300 ml Dolin Blanc
- approx 1/2 Fennel Bulb
Roughly chop Fennel Bulb and combine in jar, stirring every hour or so. Infuse for around 5.5 hrs, then fine strain.
The Other White Negroni
- 1 oz Denizen Aged White Rum (Banks 5 Year Rum would also be awesome)
- 3/4 oz Fennel infused Dolin Blanc
- 1/2 oz Hayman’s Old Tom Gin (Plymouth Gin would also be awesome)
- 1/2 oz Salers Aperitif (Suze Aperitif would also be awesome)
- Garnish: Lemon peel
Combine ingredients over ice and stir. Strain into Double Rocks glass over ice. Express Lemon peel and garnish.
Damn. I cannot get enough of these Negroni Bianco and I cannot tell you how excited I am to be on this episode of Strong Takes!