Welcome to Brunch Bonanza, the segment where we talk about Brunch cocktails!
Well, it’s still snowing in NYC, so I’m still making Hot Toddies. In fact, I took this gorgeous photo two days ago in Prospect Park.
Winter Wonderland y’all
What does one want when one is out in the snow? A Hot toddy with Tea. I am lucky enough to have this terrific bottle of Teeling Small Batch Irish Whiskey and decided to make the toddy with that. Some quick flavour notes about Teeling:
- Nose: Vanilla, spices, Rum, grains, corn, honey
- Tongue: Caramel, woody, Rum, apple, a tad peaty or “Moorish”, vanilla
- Finish: Rich, oily, full bodied, spicy
To these complex flavors I wanted to have a straightforward English Breakfast Tea, Honey, Lemon and complement the Whiskey with Hella Bitter Citrus Bitters. These bitters aren’t just Citrus, they are so much more:
Four kinds of Citrus, Clove, Cinnamon, Allspice, Black Peppercorn, Caraway, Gentian and Wormwood.
Teeling & Tea
- 2 oz Teeling Small Batch Whiskey
- 1 oz Honey Syrup
- 1/2 Lemon Juice
- 2 dashes Hella Bitter Citrus Bitters
- 5-6 oz Hot English Breakfast Tea (PG Tips* forever)
- Garnish: Lemon Wheel & Star Anise
Combine ingredients in mug and stir until everything has combined and is swimming nicely. Garnish with a Lemon wheel and Star Anise on top. Fragrant and delicious.
*Every day of my life I have a cuppa PG Tips. It’s my fave British tea.
Happy Brunching to you all! May your toddies be filled with Teeling & Tea!