Ladies and Gents, I’ve had a great time making cocktails for Irish Whiskey Month with all of you! As we roll through the last week of March, I’ve got a really killer cocktail with Teeling Single Grain that is both smooth and floral. Let’s step to it!
Oh but first, if you wanna join the party, use the hashtag #IrishWhiskeyMonth on Instagram and I’ll repost your photo! The only rule is that you have to include Irish Whiskey in your cocktail.
What do we say here at Home Bar Girl? “Don’t forget to stirrrrrr, stirring is zen y’all.” Yeaaaah man. Stir til you gaze out the window and grab yer prettiest coupe.
Cast of Characters:
- My intention for this cocktail was to create a Manhattan variation to go with Teeling Single Grain Irish Whiskey. This Whiskey has berry & honey notes which definitely made me think of…
- Montenegro! What goes better with honey than flowers? Amaro Montenegro is the perfect spring Amari and I felt like its floral notes were apropos.
- Initially, I made this drink with Italian Vermouth but switched it because Dolin Rouge is lighter in body than its Italian counterparts. Manhattan variations can be really tricky because you are working with so few ingredients and I didn’t want the Vermouth to overpower the other two ingredients in the drink.
What do gentlemen frequently put in the lapel of their suit in the spring? A flower.
- 2 oz Teeling Small Batch Irish Whiskey
- 1/2 oz Amaro Montenegro
- 1/2 oz Dolin Rouge Vermouth
- Garnish: Lemon peel
Combine ingredients over ice and stirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Strain into chilled coupe, express Lemon peel and garnish.