Today, I am really, really pumped to talk to y’all about Sukkah Hill Spirits Besamim Liqueur. I know that might sound like a mouthfull, and most of you may not have heard of them, but OOOOOOH MY GOODNESS. All y’all need to get these Liqueurs right now!
Firstly, I would like to say, “WOW.” I haven’t had a new Liqueur that was this good in a LOOOOOONG time. Sukkah Hill Spirits were started by the Witkins, a couple who live in Los Angeles. They were making batches of Liqueurs for friends and family, when a store put in a request for their amazing product. Now they have a 5000 sq ft facility and the rest is history.
Both Besamim and Etrog (more on this Liqueur very soon) are made from pure cane sugar Spirit in small batches. They are gluten free, vegan, and Kosher for passover. What else would you expect from a Spirits company based in LA?
Besamim Tasting Notes:
- Nose: SPICE EXPLOSION. Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Clove. Christmas spices.
- Taste: Warm, elegant, sweetly spiced but not cloying. Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Clove, Allspice. ALL THE SPICES you could ever want. It’s like your grandmother’s secret spice recipe. Hell yes.
- Finish: Excellent medium-body for a Liqueur. Wide, long, and pleasant finish. The viscosity is just right and not too overpowering.
- Overall: I have and will be using Besamim in as many Cocktails as possible. It’s perfect for the holiday season, in a stirred drink, or in spiced Tiki drinks.
For this introductory post, I decided to feature just one Cocktail recipe (though believe me, I’ve got several) because this one lets Besamim shine like the beautifully spiced magic that it is.
Here are your cast of characters: Besamim, Hine H Cognac, Lustau Amontiallado Sherry, and a Luxardo Maraschino Cherry.
I wanted to make this cocktail in the style of a Manhattan because I think Besamim is worthy of such a drink.
- 3/4 oz Sukkah Hill Besamim Liqueur
- 1 3/4 oz Hine H Cognac
- 1/2 oz Amontillado Sherry
- Garnish: Luxardo Maraschino Cherry
Combine ingredients over ice and stirrrrrr. Strain into chilled coupe and garnish.
Delicious. So delicious that I just drank one while writing this post. Now I want to curl up by a fire with a good book and feeeel the fabulousness.
Thanks to Sukkah Hill Spirits for sending the Besamim and Etrog. MORE SUKKAH HILL COCKTAILS COMING SOOOOOOOON.