I’m really pumped to be a part of The Casa Noble Ritual because it is 1. now officially #TequilaSeason, 2. I am so happy to be talking about how Mexicans drink Tequila, 3. it’s not very often that I talk about beer, let alone a Mexican beer, 4. Cinco de Mayo!
Hello lil bottle of Casa Noble Crystal, you are so very tasty.
A great ritual must begin somewhere and in this case it begins with Casa Noble Crystal Blanco Tequila. If you’ve been reading my blog for a few months you know how fond I am of this particular Tequila. I think it’s truly one of a kind with tasting notes such as:
- Nose: Pineapple, Strawberry, Grasses
- Mouth: Banana, Citrus, Chocolate, Nutty, Agave
- Finish: Smooth and velvety, low amount of “Tequila burn”, short, wide finish
Totally into it, totally ready to sip it all day on Cinco de Mayo.
You may be asking the question, “What is this Sangrita business and where are the salt and lime wedges for my Tequila?” Well, that’s a great question! Often in Mexico when people drink Tequila, they don’t take it in chilled shots with salt and lime like we do in the USA, they either sip it alone at room temperature or they have it along with a glass of Sangrita.
So what is Sangrita? It’s the best chaser in the history of chasers if you ask me.
Stacks of Citrus, Tomato Juice and Jalapeño.
Don’t forget Cholula (or other Mexican Hot Sauce), Salt & Pepper.
- 16 oz Tomato Juice
- 6-8 oz fresh Grapefruit Juice
- 6-8 oz fresh Orange Juice
- 2 oz fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Jalapeño, halved, seeds and all
- 1-2 oz Cholula (or other Mexican Hot Sauce)
- Salt & Pepper
Combine ingredients in large jar (32 oz or more) and stirrrrrrrr until everything has combined nicely. Let the Jalapeño sit in the jar for 1-2 hours (depending on how spicy you like it), then remove Jalapeño. Refrigerate. Sip with Tequila or use in place of Bloody Mary Mix for a totally killer Bloody Maria!
Hello delicious, golden, wheaty Corona Extra. You’re just perfect for this tasty Ritual.
Now that we’ve talked about the ingredients, what is The Casa Noble Ritual? Simply and in this order:
- Take one sip of Sangrita
- Then a sip of Casa Noble Crystal
- Finish with a sip of Corona Extra
The sip sizes are up to you but try not to get too tipsy on the first round, you’re going to want to repeat these steps many, many times. 🙂
Totally, totally fabulous right? It’s literally the best liquid flavor pairing I’ve tasted and here’s why:
- Sangrita: Acidic and Citrusy with spice from the hot sauce and Jalapeño bring a vibrance to your mouth which can only be described as sensational.
- Casa Noble Crystal Blanco Tequila: The sharpness of the Tequila burns just a bit, then slowly and widely leaves incredible flavours of citrus, grasses and banana, chocolate and agave in your mouth.
- Corona Extra: The golden wheatyness of this beer is the perfect way to finish all of those bright flavours bouncing around your mouth and prepare your palate for another round.
FYI, I’ve been enjoying the Casa Noble Ritual the entire time I’ve been writing this post.
The Casa Noble Ritual is an excellent way for any group of friends to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. Salud!
Thanks to the Baddish Group for including me in this excellent tradition!